Monday, March 30, 2009

I just don't where to begin

 

So I haven't posted a blog in awhile and I figured now is as good as any. There really hasn't been anything big lately going on, just the usual day in day out stuff.

However, it has been long enough that I thought I should make a post before people start thinking we've fallen into the ocean or something. Anyway, Ive got two rants for you lined up...well maybe 1 and a half.. we'll see how it turns out, and just a quick personal update.

First off, the goodies:  I have now started in earnest with my writing, and it is really exciting. I'll leave you all with that :-P

Anyway, I have used up most of my words for today so ill get onto the juicy meat of rantitude(ooh did i invent a word? hmmm we'll see)

Rant #1: SYFY --- Really did anybody NOT see me ranting about this coming? It's really a shame that my number 1 channel has come to this. For some crazy reason they decided that in one of the best years they have had for ratings, they have decided that their huge pool of nerds in the basement(their words I believe) are no longer good enough for them. Ya know, I can understand if they changed the entire image of the channel and rebranded with something completely different, but SYFY, what kind of crazy drugs are they on? It's the same damn name, spelled differently. They are alienating their entire base(oh excuse me, subtract the people that watch the wrestling shows on the SCIFI channel *Triple Mind Boggle*) for a friggin misspelling. Anyway, im going to sum all of this up with one phrase:   Ahhhhhhghghghghghghghghghghhghghghgh    

Rant #2: Battlestar Galactica---   Ok, im gonna go easy on these guys because overall I liked everything about the show in general. What I do have to say is that I wish they did things a tiny bit different with the ending. The whole "Watch out or you too may fall victim to cylon attacks" type of thing was a bit too bland for my taste. Ive seen too many stories do the same thing and point out societies flaws and how we must amend our ways to avoid the awesome battle scenes we will have in the future. :-P

Anyway, in all seriousness, It could have ended differently, a bit more ...oh whats the word....thoughtful? whatever, either way, in the end it was an Ok ending.

Well that's all I have for today, tune in next time, and I may have a bunch of cool stuff to show you from the cherry blossoming ^.^

5 comments:

Magellan said...

Really? they are changing the name to SYFY? thats totally ridiculous.

As for BSG...We are sad to see it go. I agree, they should have done things a bit differently. I'm not sure I agree with the whole 150,000 years ago thing...they would have made better use of the greek references and stuff...and the whole fact that humans were'nt settled around the globe by then...5-10k years would have been best in my opinion

Sarah Kirkbride said...

Dear god....the nerdy, intelligent people channel is demeaning itself by lowering its standards to attract the less intelligent txt talk crowd!!!?
I enjoyed BSG's ending....though I would of enjoyed no ending at all if they could have kept the good writing up. Now what am I supposed to do with my Saturday nights?

Cassidy said...

I know! BSG even used an ACTUAL clip from MSNBC. That's just unfair to the series's ambiguity that made it so cool. I know that they talked about earth, but they were so tasteful in not including colloquialisms.

Cassidy said...

P.S. Seen the previews for Caprica? I'm intrigued.

Eddie said...

Yeah Im interested to see how caprica turns out.