Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dora the explorer…more like Dora the Thief!

 

 

Heh, ok, so i haven’t written a blog in awhile, I have been really busy with the kids, however, something happened today that I thought was so funny that I HAD to write it down for all to see.

Ok, so here’s how it goes:

I was laying Thian down on the ground and was changing his diaper when Dora the Explorer came on. Rienna got really excited and ran over to the TV yelling, “Dora!!!”

Ok, normal so far. Then Swiper appeared on the tv and rienna again yelled out, “Swiper!”. For those of you who don’t know, Swiper is the Raccoon/fox/whatever the hell he is on the show, and he basically steals stuff, and Dora + the rest of the cast have to stop him before he does.

Anyway, so I’m changing Thian and I barely noticed that rienna was moving really slow, shuffling her feet going past me. Then she comes up around me on the other side and goes right next to Thian. Then, just like in the show, she slowly moved her hand towards the toy I had given Thian to play with and then snatched it out of his hands. After that she started to shuffle away again, but I stopped her, and not picking up on what exactly she was doing other than taking Thian’s toy, said to her, “Rienna! don’t take thians toy, that was very naughty!”. At that point she said, “but im swiper! swiper!”

I just cracked up laughing because it all came together and actually made sense. I tried to explain to her that playing swiper was bad, because swiping other peoples stuff isn’t cool.

Ahhh, children, it’s the small things that turn out to be gems, lol.

No comments: